Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sister's Toilet Soiré

Saturday we went to my sisters toilet soiré, to celebrate her new bathroom! Or the fact that she now has a bathroom at all!! Like us, she has been sharing it with her neighbour and friend next doors. It's one of these old wooden houses, which used to be one household in the old days, where the whole family lived all together. A "generation house" as we call it. With the grandma on the top floor and the old uncle in the appartment my sister lives in now.

When the uncle died and the grandma got to old to live alone, they decided to rent the appartments out. My sister was offered to rent one of them for a descent prize.. It's a lovely old appartment with an old cozy fireplace in the living room, old wooden floors and walls, with one of these old kitchens from before the 50's and many other lovely vintage details!

We made hot cheese sandwiches in the oven, ate Miss K's lovely cake, drank our beer and chit chatted the night away!! On the scary side, one of the guests turned into a real life cake zombie and munched down 4 slices, before anyone even noticed what was going on and managed to stop him.. It was only cream splatter and two berries left after the massacre, for the ones that hadn't even started on the cake yet.. Scary good cake in other words!!

Sunday was a superrelaxed day spent on my beloved sofa, with a pile of pillows surrounding me. Coffee, zapper, magazines, computer, chocolate, chips.. My man. Everything I needed within an arms stretch;)

Yaaaaaaaaaawn.. Those lazy Sundayzzzzz....

Ps: I know my photos are on the darker side, try turning up the brightness on your computer if you have a hard time seeing them..

IMG_0394

IMG_0393

IMG_0400

IMG_0399

IMG_0398

IMG_0377

IMG_0389
 
IMG_0420
My grand grandmother, the wife of the blacksmith.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a scream, if you're peeking in..